Monday, December 10, 2007

Baby... sing along!

I really can't stay - But Baby, it's cold outside...
I've got to go away - But Baby, it's cold outside...
This evening has been - Been hoping that you'd drop in.
So very nice - I'll hold your hands they're just like ice.
My mother will start to worry - Beautiful, what's your hurry?
And father will be pacing the floor - Listen to the fireplace roar...
So really I'd better scurry - Beautiful, please don't hurry...
Well maybe just a half a drink more - Put some records on while I pour.
The neighbors might think - Baby it's bad out there.
Say what's in this drink? - No cabs to be had out there...
I wish I knew how - Your eyes are like starlight now.
To break this spell - I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell.
I ought to say no no no sir - Mind if I move in closer?
At least I'm going to say that I tried - What's the sense of hurtin' my pride?
I really can't stay - Baby, don't hold out...
(guy) -Baby it's cold outside...
(girl) -Ah, but it's cold outside...

I simply must go - But Baby, it's cold outside.
The answer is no - But Baby, it's cold outside.
This welcome has been - How lucky that you dropped in....
So nice and warm - Look out the window at that storm....
My sister will be suspicious - Gosh your lips look delicious.
My brother will be there at the door - Waves upon a tropical shore...
My maiden aunt's mind is vicious - Gosh your lips are delicious.
Well, maybe just a cigarette more - Never such a blizzard before...
I got to get home - But Baby, you'd freeze out there.
Say lend me a coat - It's up to your knees out there.
You've really been grand - A thrill when you touch my hand.
But don't you see - How can you do this thing to me?
There's bound to be talk tomorrow - Think of my life long sorrow...
At least there will be plenty implied - If you caught pneumonia and died.
I really can't stay- Get over that old doubt...
(guy) -Baby it's cold outside...
(girl) -Ah, but it's cold outside...


--
Discuss.

No comments: